Scholarship Program Overview
Since 1992, the New York Chapter has provided more than 30 academic scholarships to promising
young female students of Puerto Rican descent who are enrolled in an accredited college or in a training/vocational school. Despite many challenges, our scholarship recipients have become leaders in law, medicine, education, government, and the non-profit fields. NACOPRW NY’s scholarships are intended to support educational opportunities for Puerto Rican women while promoting the advancement of the community.
In 2017 each awardee will receive a $1,500 scholarship.
To qualify for a NACOPRW NY scholarship award you must:
- Be Puerto Rican female, by birth or descent.
- Be a resident of New York State (can attend college/school in another state).
- Be currently matriculated at an accredited educational institution.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0+ in High School, or college/university, or 2.5+GPA in trade/vocational school.
- Commit to volunteering up to ten (10) hours of Giveback over the academic year to NACOPRW NY events/activities.